About Me

My photo
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Powered By Blogger

The cuisine, I miss..  

Posted by Char135

Online is the only way I feel a step closer to home. Here, I at least have the networks to get contact with some old friends and family as well. So, when I online, I blog too. :) [P/S: Amirah mz!! my blog is definately not gonna last for one month only, watch!! :p]

Today, I got lost while walking within the campus and the sky was drizzling some more. Although I have a map in my hand with me, I still lost my way. This place is just too many buildings and halls, too complex. I walk until my leg almost break already. So, after a walk for more than an hour, I gave up and call my friend to come and look for me. Thank god I am lost ad found, so finally I'm able to get out of the maze! And, I am not gonna walk around campus anymore without any companion, not until I get familiar with this place. Grr... long day!



A picture I took while I'm lost cuz I'm too bored waiting for my friend under a tree. :p

Alright, we shall continue. Now, after been here for few days, Charles is soooo craving for good food, more to local food, some more to home cooked food. At here, you only can see restaurants like burger king, MCD, Wendys, Jack in the box, more western restaurants and even more american restaurants! And the portions are like huge!! If you think the Malaysia portion is large when you order a large meal, here is 3 times larger! I can even break it into 2 meal! xd And If you see a chinese restaurant, indian restaurant or even japanese restaurant here, do thank god. :) Plus, they are expensive too!! regardless you do the currency conversion or not. Furthermore, tipping is like a culture here, so no matter what restaurant you enter, as long as you sit down and have meal, you tip after that. So, that makes it even more expensive. Hmm, well, although I have to say they do have great service here. :p

So, this is what I had yesterday for breakfast and it lasted me for the whole day:


The American breakfast @ IHOP (International House of Pancakes). Like wth, you call this a breakfast?? more like lunch or even dinner!! Yet, it was super delicious. ;p

Today, I can't stand it anymore! I miss chinese food so much and I went to the only chinese restaurant near campus, The Chinese Combo King! Cool name huh? The boss and the lady boss were really nice to me too. Nice couple. Oh yea, and I ordered this:


Tadaaa.. The sweet & sour pork rice! :) I like! still prefer malaysia's one though. :) But, it does it job pretty well, it filled up my crave. :)

So far, that is the food part. My dear friends and family back there, as you can see charles miss local food very very much, so someone please kindly poslaju some food over to the States pls. Thank you. :) Wishlist: Chicken rice, nasi lemak, roti canai, char kuey tiaw, mee hoon, fried rice, satay and the list go on, etc. :)

Till next time I received my food.. :p

Blog by,
~ char135 ~

This entry was posted on 5:50 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments